Friday, March 05, 2010

Traffic in Chennai


Since I purchased a car, I have been wanting to write something about my real-time experience with the Chennai traffic. If I were to describe it in one word, I would call it 'horrendous'. Driving a car in the Chennai traffic is a skill by itself. It is a natural skill and cannot be acquired. One has to be born with such a quality. Everyday I feel like there is a new question that I would need to answer. Just yesterday a question popped up - Does the concept of 'signaling' exist amongst Chennai citizens? Hard to answer, isn't it?

After almost an year of such ghastly experiences, I met with my first major accident. One would expect it to involve someone else who is obviously at fault. But, contrary to all expectations (mine included), I banged my car into a boulder! Is that even humanely possible? Imagine all the buses, cars, autos and cycles that populate the Chennai roads. I leave all of them and find myself a nice little boulder to bang into. Well, please don't judge my driving skills by this stray incident. I'm a very talented driver in general.

In any case, driving in Chennai traffic is a menace. Even with automatic gear!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

women drivers are safe.....nah.. pree is an exception..

ya ya blame it all on the traffic.. lol..

automatic gears n still u banged.. well u have the skill mate.. honestly... lol

Preethi Rao said...

very funny dude! huh!! lol..

Unknown said...

Then i think u shud try ur driving skills in bangalore !!!!
:):)

Preethi Rao said...

haha maybe that's what I should do Deepa! Will come settle there :)